Latest News from Haymakers
We know many of our customers are thinking about ways they can take action to stay safe and healthy. As your neighborhood convenience store, we wanted to share more information with you about the steps we take to help keep you, our team members and the neighborhoods we serve safe and healthy.
In support of our commitment to high standards in our everyday business, our team members are already trained on food safety best practices. We have asked team members to increase their frequency of handwashing and use of hand sanitizer. We are also adding more regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces in our stores, like our food stations or checkout areas. Most importantly, we’re ensuring team members have the information they need to stay healthy or stay home if they are sick.
Here are the steps we’re taking to protect our customers and associates:
In Our Stores:
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including cashier stations, credit card terminals, food service counters, and cleaning shelves when restocking products.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies, including soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer at cashier stations, food service counters.
- Wiping down sit down furniture and any other common use areas.
Following best practices for safe food handling, as always.
For Our Associates
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- Providing hand sanitizer and tissues in breakrooms and meeting rooms.
- Asking our associates to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
- Recommending that our customers also practice safe food handling at home.
We are committed to doing everything we can to continue to protect the health and safety of our customers and team members. This is and will always remain our top priority at Haymakers.
Thank you for being a loyal customer.
Rich Niemann, Jr.
President and CEO